- Avoid stress at any cost, stress results in mental illness and tiredness without doing much of physical tasks. Whatever you need to do, will be done effectively, no need to think about it and pressurize the mind before the work arrives.
- Set deadlines, schedules, and work limits. Both studies and work needs a deadline, because the person performing at both tasks needs a break from one thing to move onto the other.
- A human cannot replace a machine, do not expect impossible from your body, do and take only as much work as you think you can do allowing a few spare minutes in between to breathe.
- Find a job that suits the time of distance learning studies, one that has flexible time and less mental fatigue. Working after studying is a difficult job and education requires some reinforcement at home as well, so the job must be flexible to allow the individual to sneak in revisions in case of exams and tests.
- Exceptional time management is demanded from the working students. Sometimes individuals need to merge studies and work in order to complete important tasks demanded from either work or college.
- Find a job that relates to the studies, this way, the time spent in studying is cut short and while at work, the person is practically doing what they are studying, and they are in fact studying when they are at work. They get to know the nature of problems and difficulties at the job and they try to dig the answers in the classroom. What better way to educate than practically performing what you study, the same day at work.
- Stay organized. One of the most important things one can learn as a working student is staying organized, knowing where things are put and cut on the time spent in looking for it, keeping work and study space neat and tidy by keeping everything where they belong. In fact be completely organized in all aspects of life, a neat and clean environment keeps the mind clean and organized, keeps your thoughts at place and one feels great to work for dissertation. The time spent in looking for things in random places can be used in doing something productive instead.
Working students needs to remember that by following simple steps, they can prosper at both and perform well in both education and work.